Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
2. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
3. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
4. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
5. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
6. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
7. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
8. But let me you to think better of it.
9. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
10. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
11. There is one point on which I want your .
12. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
13. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
14. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
15. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
16. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
17. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
18. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
19. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
20. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
21. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
22. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
23. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
24. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
25. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
26. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
27. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
28. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
29. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
30. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
31. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
32. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
33. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
34. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
35. They strongly against using strong opioids.
36. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
37. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
38. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
39. ``What line would you me to study?''
40. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
Return to full list of frequently confused words