Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
2. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
3. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
4. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
5. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
6. This them to appear on both brands.
7. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
8. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
9. He was not to form his own gens.
10. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
11. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
12. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
13. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
14. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
15. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
16. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
17. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
18. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
19. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
20. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
21. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
22. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
23. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
24. They were not to leave remote villages.
25. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
26. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
27. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
28. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
29. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
30. The result of the debate was that it was not .
31. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
32. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
33. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
34. Detainees were to request witnesses.
35. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
36. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
37. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
38. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
39. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
40. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
Return to full list of frequently confused words