Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
2. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
3. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
4. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
5. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
8. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
9. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
10. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
11. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
12. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
13. This them to appear on both brands.
14. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
15. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
16. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
17. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
18. The result of the debate was that it was not .
19. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
20. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
21. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
22. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
23. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
24. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
25. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
26. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
27. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
28. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
29. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
30. He was not to form his own gens.
31. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
32. Detainees were to request witnesses.
33. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
34. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
35. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
36. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
37. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
38. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
39. They were not to leave remote villages.
40. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
Return to full list of frequently confused words