Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
2. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
3. Detainees were to request witnesses.
4. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
5. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
6. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
7. The result of the debate was that it was not .
8. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
9. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
10. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
11. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
12. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
13. He was not to form his own gens.
14. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
15. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
16. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
17. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
18. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
19. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
20. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
21. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
22. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
23. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
24. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
25. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
26. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
27. This them to appear on both brands.
28. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
29. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
30. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
31. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
32. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
33. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
34. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
35. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
36. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
37. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
38. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
39. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
40. They were not to leave remote villages.
Return to full list of frequently confused words